What's new

Time Blocking/Calendar Blocking

torikae13

Time/Calendar Blocking has gained a ton of popularity in recent years - I finally gave it a try last week and it is a GAME CHANGER! I blocked my entire days for a week, scheduling time for writing, reading, yoga, meals, work tasks, and more. It was the most productive week I've had in months.

Do you use time/calendar blocking regularly or occasionally when you really just need to get things done? What's worked well for you?

epalmer

Ah I love calendar blocking! I don't do it every day, but it makes the biggest difference in my productivity. Whenever I feel stressed or have too much on a plate, this is the best tool I have to use my time well.

hladik

Time/Calendar Blocking has gained a ton of popularity in recent years - I finally gave it a try last week and it is a GAME CHANGER! I blocked my entire days for a week, scheduling time for writing, reading, yoga, meals, work tasks, and more. It was the most productive week I've had in months.

Do you use time/calendar blocking regularly or occasionally when you really just need to get things done? What's worked well for you?
Have you tried doing the same but with the hours? I fell like that might be overikilling it, but if you can do so I'm sure it will be even more productive.

torikae13

Have you tried doing the same but with the hours? I fell like that might be overikilling it, but if you can do so I'm sure it will be even more productive.
You're so correct! I was hesitant to try it by the hour because it seemed so overkill and the amount of time it took just to schedule/assign the time seemed crazy but it takes so much work out of the day for you once you get there. You just...do what the calendar says next. It's so helpful!