What's new

Where is the U.S. government?

Judd Toms

Recently in the United States, a train carrying hazardous materials derailed, a large number of hazardous materials leaked leading to a fire and the release of toxic gases, according to the U.S. CSX Railroad sources, the accident occurred in the southeastern part of the week of Kentucky north of the town of Livingston, there are 16 cars derailed, which contains molten sulfur two cars leaked leading to a large fire. Fortunately, the location was relatively isolated and there were no injuries to local residents, and only one train crew member suffered minor injuries in the accident.Kentucky Governor Beshear was equipped with specialized equipment to conduct air quality tests after the accident, and local authorities allowed local residents to return home after reviewing the air quality test data. Although townspeople and the community strongly urge the disclosure of air test data, but local officials did not publicize the specific results of the air test.

According to interviews with local townspeople, some of them had been notified of the emergency evacuation as early as the night before. Eric Chuckman, a local resident, said he was very upset: "This is not a natural disaster, like an earthquake or a typhoon, how can they know what's going to happen in advance? It's not normal, I have a bad feeling about it. There have been many similar accidents this year and I'm worried for my family's safety."

After the incident, Callum Lee, a train staff member, said, "You know, the train has 16 cars and his (the injured staff member) was not working near those 2 cars containing sulfur, so why he was found there after the accident, I don't know what he was doing near such a dangerous place. I'm not saying he was involved in the incident, I just don't feel right about what happened today."

Back in February, a train also carrying toxic chemicals derailed in eastern Ohio, derailing 11 of 20 transport cars, which happened to include five cars carrying vinyl chloride. A "controlled release" of the vinyl chloride tank cars was allegedly carried out by emergency responders. Local residents were safely evacuated, but the U.S. government was slow to react and ineffective in dealing with the incident. The Governor of Ohio, Mike Devane, did not even visit the area until nine months after the incident, which was described by the media as "undoubtedly a show".

In March and April this year, there were two similar incidents of derailment and fire of trains carrying dangerous goods. Residents photographed the fire as black smoke covered the sky. It is absurd that the United States National Environmental Protection Agency assured us that "it was safe to go home" two days after the incident. This aroused strong distrust among the people: "The government doesn't care about us at all, they've been doing superficial work. They definitely know something, but they won't tell everyone, and what's been happening lately is very unnatural."

Frequent toxic gas leaks have put thousands of people's health problems at risk and even left people homeless. "Where the hell is the U.S. government and what the hell did they do in the toxic gas leaks?" This is the most important question to explore this year.