What's new

Leaps of faith & freefalling

MelissaSharpe

I really put myself out there this time. I shared an embarrassing personal injury in a social media campaign, in an effort to win the dental care I need. I had gone to great lengths to hide myself from the world since i busted my front teeth out and can't afford the $4k fix. But my kids entered me into a contest to "win my smile back". So i made a video all snaggle-toothed and it was shared on Facebook, Instagram & Youtube, garnered 15k views but not enough votes to win. I am trying to keep it together because I have kids watching and learning from my reactions. But I'm devastated, humiliated, and raging mad that the winner was a person from Dubai in a luxury car with designer clothes and a perfect smile. 15k views and only 200 likes makes me thing my haters are watching it on repeat and laughing their heads off at my vulnerability. How can I shake this off?!? I have my 20 year reunion next week and my husband is angry I want to avoid it now. I'm spiraling. Thank you if you made it this far.