What's new

Your Morning Routine For Success

TroySoldier

What's everyone's morning routine for a successful day, whether it be success in business, life, or relationships?

I always wake up 90 minutes before I need to do anything. Usually I read something pertaining to what I need to accomplish, drink my coffee, meditate, do some light excising, and journal. What's your routine?

negedemeg

I work from home now so it's important for me to still do the morning routine that I did when I worked a regular 9-5. I make sure to wake up at least an hour before I start working so I can have time to do those things, make breakfast, walk the dog, etc. It's much better for me now.

MelissaSharpe

I saw some guru insist that making your bed would change your life. I scoffed, but I tried it. Its surprisingly effective. Starting your day by completing the task sets a good tone of accomplishment & seeing it neatly made instead of a messy pile makes me feel like a more put-together person, a better wife & mom. And it's more satisfying to crawl into at the end if the day. Try it!

kkraus

The biggest thing for me is getting prepared the night before. I could wake up an hour earlier each morning and still be frazzled! This step saves me so much time and stress!

neoninfinity

Right now, I wake up and take a jog first in the morning. It's perfect for giving me energy for the rest of the day and helping me clear my mind. I also try to check my planner first thing before I go to be and first thing in the morning to make sure I'm not forgetting anything important for the day.

Wow, I'm seeing a lot of other posters with similar routines to mine lol. That's awesome! I've also heard to make your bed first thing in the morning before. I think I read about it in The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. If I remember right, the theory is basically that there are keystone habits like making your bed that build positive momentum and are correlated with other habits. I keep my alarm across the room so that I have to actually get up out of bed to shut it off. This helps me beat the urge to hit snooze. From there, I grab a cold shower, then make a nutritional breakfast. While I eat, I'll watch something motivational on YouTube like Tony Robbins or anything random I find that seems inspiring. From there, I review my goals, affirmations, and priorities for the day.

michalaw

My morning routine consists of waking up, eating breakfast, working out in the gym, and then showering and getting ready for the day! One improvement that I could add to my morning routine is to start waking up early.