What's new

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." - Maya Angelou

InvestedWriter

We are all creative. Our minds are unique with different visions and ideas that make each person's perspective its own font of creativity, but it is those who use that creativity and mold it that are seen as creative. This is an important idea for me as a writer because it's a consistent reminder that I'm not just writing for the sake of it even if I'm making work only I will ever read. I learn from the experience and come up with more ideas along the way to use in the future.

This translates to any field of study. We are always growing and expanding our knowledge, always gaining more experience that can be put back into what we do. If you enjoy what you do, hold onto that. Take the time to keep learning and advancing. If you aren't enjoying what you do and not learning anything from the work, it might be time for a change because your creativity is being wasted.

What do you think of Maya Angelou's idea of constantly expanding creativity? Have you felt your own creativity expanding over the years? I'd love to hear your perspective.

TheresaD

This is a great quote! It's so important to remember that there is creativity in all of us, we just have to find it. And it's not going to look the same in every person.
I did not consider myself a creative person until recently - I was more comfortable "coloring inside of the lines." But once I discovered the value in taking creative risks, in trying something new, it has definitely spurred an interest in continuing this practice!

1akhand2

This is a great quote. When we help others to learn something, we too gain further experience in that field and increase our potential. Our creativity gets enhanced when we utilize it, if we confine it to ourselves it decays slowly. Therefore, one should utilize his creativity and skills positively to enhance it to higher levels.

Master

Great quote by Maya.

I feel like the worst thing that can happen to a creative person is for him to not be creative.

It is important that we express our creativity on a daily basis, if we wish to grow as a person.

So keep going at it! [:

AllisonE

Hmm, very good quote. I actually do find myself feeling more creative when I use my creativity. When I was in an art class, I found that I wanted to do more creative things afterwards. The same goes for being productive. When I do a few productive things in a row, I find myself wanting do more!

Tiajanay

I love this quote it's a reminder to me that the harder I work the better I'll be at producing content creatively for my blog podcast or any other venture I step into.