What's new

What to tell your children...

bjfdaisy72

I stumbled onto every career I have had...the one thing that was found in every job was my hard work. I have excelled because of my work ethic and diligence. Rhecdriving force when I got to a certain age where I had to make a decision to change paths and find a more professional career was getting pregnant at 19. At this age you should be having fun and living it up. I had a commitment now and a responsibility. This alone drove me to continue to work hard to better our life. I think success is a decision. It doesn’t mean it’s full of money or fame, just a realization life is as successful as you want it to be.

I stumbled onto every career I have had...the one thing that was found in every job was my hard work. I have excelled because of my work ethic and diligence. Rhecdriving force when I got to a certain age where I had to make a decision to change paths and find a more professional career was getting pregnant at 19. At this age you should be having fun and living it up. I had a commitment now and a responsibility. This alone drove me to continue to work to better our life. I think success is a decision. It doesn’t mean it’s full of money or fame, just a realization life is as successful as you want it to be.
The same is with me! i stumbled onto to my current path in life but the difference is that i am still seeking some qualified counseling about continuing down this path or switch careers. Personally, i wouldnt tell my child (if i have one in the future) not to follow my example. Stumbling onto a career path and being fortune enough to actually like it is a rarity but whatever career path my child selects my advice would be to be honest, give it his or her 100%.

bjfdaisy72

I think your future child, should you have one, is in great hands! I’ve been reading a book about mindsets and how some are able to have a “growth” mindset, enjoying challenges. Others have a “fixed” mindset and avoid challenges and stop when things get difficult. At times I think I have both, but mostly I’m happy to report it has been a growth mindset. The greatness is, we can adapt a growth mindset it says! I haven’t gotten through the book but I hope it will help my young adult son. 😊

I think your future child, should you have one, is in great hands! I’ve been reading a book about mindsets and how some are able to have a “growth” mindset, enjoying challenges. Others have a “fixed” mindset and avoid challenges and stop when things get difficult. At times I think I have both, but mostly I’m happy to report it has been a growth mindset. The greatness is, we can adapt a growth mindset it says! I haven’t gotten through the book but I hope it will help my young adult son. 😊
Thank you! That's exactly what i hope for my child! a growth mindset. One which isn't programmed from the beginning about a particular career path. I have seen so many children and even adults with fixed mindsets who want to become a doctor, engineer or something else from the start but if they come across a hurdle or face difficult odds they either give up or become too brokenhearted to do anything. i rather have a child who is adaptable to changes and challenges, be able to role with the punches.