What Time of the Day is Best for Working Out?

Sep 29, 2018
I am wondering what the best time of the day to maximize one's workout would be? I'm assuming morning is best, simply because it "kickstarts" the day and provides lasting energy. However, as far as weightlifting goes, I have never been able to lift as heavily in the morning than I am at other times of the day. Any thoughts?

lsullivan

Oct 4, 2018
My opinion is that one time of day is no different from another. Once you pick a time, stick with it and your body will get adjusted to working out then. I'm used to working out in the afternoon but every one and a while I go early. I know that my performance will not be what it is in the afternoon, but there are plenty of people who always workout in the mornings that are adjusted and know how to get the most out of it.

Sep 28, 2018
I agree with lsullivan. The best time to work out is the time that you will be able to stick to. I know that there is NO way I would be able to work out in the morning. Maybe for a week or two, but after that I would burn out. Instead, I work out every day after work, almost immediately after I get home. If I start doing anything else before I work out, my evening starts to get derailed. Just pick a time and stick to it!

Jun 25, 2018
Based on my experience it is better to work out at the afternoon to utilize your energy on the morning and conserve it for the rest of the day. However some people prefers to workout at night to have a good night sleep.