What's new

What Are Some of Your "Favorite Things?"

DanRoz

"Raindrops on roses... Whiskers on kittens..."
You know the song - if you were the one singing it, what sorts of small bubbles of joy would you include?

Personally: the smell of fresh snow... a cackling campfire surrounded by pine trees... the feel of long summer drives with windows down... :)

Tiajanay

The smell of a new book. Sadly since my son has been born and I took on freelancing while working part time I haven't had time to read but that does not stop me from buying more books

eman12771

I love the smell of hot, fresh brewed coffee. Wakes me up and gives me good feelings inside. Motivates me to get up and be productive. I never start a day without a cup. I usually end the day with a cup (in the evening that is).

Tiajanay

I love the smell of hot, fresh brewed coffee. Wakes me up and gives me good feelings inside. Motivates me to get up and be productive. I never start a day without a cup. I usually end the day with a cup (in the evening that is).
I used to love coffee used to have several cups a day and couldn't get enough. But now after baby even just a small cup gives me the jitters which is not good couple with my increased anxiety, but man the memories of all the coffee breaks ☺

Delia B

I love the smell of fall, books, burning wood, the smell of a storm and fresh cut grass. I love to read, so all books have this smell that I just love. Fresh cut grass, is the sign of summer. I like dark and stormy days, and there is a smell to them, that just makes me happy. The smell of fall and wood burning stoves, just make me happy. :)

chocory

I love the smell of fall, books, burning wood, the smell of a storm and fresh cut grass. I love to read, so all books have this smell that I just love. Fresh cut grass, is the sign of summer. I like dark and stormy days, and there is a smell to them, that just makes me happy. The smell of fall and wood burning stoves, just make me happy. :)
I was going to respond with my favourite smells, but I feel like you've already listed all my top few! Smell aside, I looove the sounds of crackling fire and rain in any form (running water in general). Long bus or cross-country train rides (especially in rain or snow), drives down long empty stretches of road with The Eagles on, the feel of crisp new bedsheets, hot chocolate in front of the fireplace when it's cold outside.

And of course, brown paper packages tied up with string :sneaky: I could probably write a book about my favourite things.

ltk20

A nice walk on a sunny day while listening to Cat Stevens. I don't know, but there's something about Cat Stevens' music that puts me in a good mood or cheers me up when I'm sad or full of self-doubt.

Delia B

I was going to respond with my favourite smells, but I feel like you've already listed all my top few! Smell aside, I looove the sounds of crackling fire and rain in any form (running water in general). Long bus or cross-country train rides (especially in rain or snow), drives down long empty stretches of road with The Eagles on, the feel of crisp new bedsheets, hot chocolate in front of the fireplace when it's cold outside.

And of course, brown paper packages tied up with string :sneaky: I could probably write a book about my favourite things.
I love starring into a fire and watching the flames dance around. The sound of rain is so calming.