What's new

Waking up at 5:30 AM

So I just watched a YouTube video from Bright Side channel about waking up at 5:30. And while there are definitely some benefits of waking up at that exact time every day (even when you don't go to work) like enjoying the morning sunshine or simply having more time than usual, I don't see myself doing that anytime soon because I feel I'd be tired all the time. What about you? Does anyone wake up this early? If so, did it really change your life?

Ssandra

I think there are different types of people. Some work better in the mornings, and others... not so much.

I don't even do well waking up at 7am, and prefer 9am, which is when I wake up naturally.

so, although I have read a lot about waking up early, it is not going to happen for me any time soon if I can help it.

AllisonE

I tried this for a while and found myself too tired and wanting to go back to sleep within a couple hours. I think that this would be beneficial if I actually was able to go to sleep early, but so far no. The earliest I really wake up is around 9, which ends up being fine for the things I want to get done in the morning.

eman12771

I wake up at 6 am every day for work. On days I don't work, I wake up at around 8 or 9. It's definitely easier to wake up early in the morning if you go to bed earlier. Waking up at 6 really hasn't changed my life, however, I do notice that at the end of the week I am much more tired.

TheresaD

Daniel Pink has a new book out called, "When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing." There is a whole section dedicated to sleep and waking times. It also talks about how for most people, doing important or challenging tasks in the morning is best, because of the "slump" we fall into in the afternoon. It was a great read, I highly recommend it.

Andre_Forlan

Ha, the age of ideologies. Most people fail to realize that what works for their neighbors might not apply to them. Yes, the sunrise is beautiful if you are lucky to be awake to see. However, you don't have to lose a few hours of extra sleep just to see it. Just like Allison E, I am not a morning person, and there's nothing wrong with that. The main point is just to know yourself and your capabilities, and never try to conform to just any idea.
P.S. I'm looking at a beautiful picture of the sunrise right now.