What's new

Unsure about my future.

Einarthl

Hi, I am a young parent (19 yro) me and my wife decided to have a kid a year ago, we dropped highschool because it was kind difficult having a decent job and going to school, our kid just turned 1 year old and I feel we are at the same place we started, with the same things. I feel like we are just stuck here, we are studying highschool online but I am not sure what to do next. Should I study a carreer? Should I focus on my actual job? It´s just so frustating, I don´t know how to improve our daily life.

RalphAnthony81

The first time you should do is breath. Take a deep breath and a step back to really asses the situation. When we feel overwhelmed, we tend to make rash choices and unfortunately you're not in a position to choose incorrectly. Also why beat yourself up for past decisions? Things happen. But life is also about second chances. What I would do is make a list of the things that are most important. Right now, getting your degrees are number one. Only by having this will you be able to make your next move. properly. I would recommend then seeing what skills you both have and what interests you. You and your wife can pursue a degree online, enroll in a trade school or attend college part time (all while maintaining a full time job). You can do this. It will be hard but if you stay positive and keep moving in the right direction, the hard times will eventually pass and you will become a stronger person because of it. If you plan your work and work your plan you will make it through this.