What's new

Turning a Negative into a Positive

This can be both the single greatest challenge and yet the single greatest reward one can make in any given predicament. As important as finding the silver lining is, it's not always about merely finding a ray of hope on a cloudy day. The ability to flip a less than stellar situation into a personal strength for you can be extremely empowering, and give you the satisfaction of an individual conquest. One example I can provide is losing a job...there is obviously quite a bit more shade than sun when it comes from this example, but what this allowed me to do was learn and understand the value of budgeting, while helping me find a much better opportunity. In the long run, it was for the best! What examples of turning negatives into positives do you have?

WendyM

I was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis and arthritis. Everything I've read about these conditions says that weight-bearing exercise is the key to keeping symptoms at bay and preventing further bone loss. I haven't exercised regularly for nearly a year due to the demands of my job, but I've realized that I have to put my health first and make time to walk for 30 minutes every day. After easing into a routine, I'm feeling more energetic after only two weeks. While I still have to fight my own excuses for not exercising, I haven't given in to them yet. I'm fairly confident that I will continue to work out regularly now that I know that my health is at risk.