What's new

Tips on how to get up and go to the gym

Einarthl

Hi guys! So lately (about a week ago) I started going again to the gym but in the very morning and I really had problems getting up from the bed so I want to share with you guys some tips I did to motivate myself.

- Remind yourself why you are trying to lose weight.
- Take a shower.
- Eat an energizing breakfast.
- Make a good-ass playlist. (I love rock but eminem just gives me the motivation I need)
- Sleep well.

michaelshine

Hi guys! So lately (about a week ago) I started going again to the gym but in the very morning and I really had problems getting up from the bed so I want to share with you guys some tips I did to motivate myself.

- Remind yourself why you are trying to lose weight.
- Take a shower.
- Eat an energizing breakfast.
- Make a good-ass playlist. (I love rock but eminem just gives me the motivation I need)
- Sleep well.
Excellent advice. I need to get myself back into gear with this.

So right about the playlist, have it ready ahead of time. I am a lover of Spotify and they make it really easy. Also, we all have unique music taste, but I encourage people to explore electronic house music, even if you're not usually into that kind of thing. You might surprise yourself in how effective it can be in altering your perceptions and hey, it may even grow on you. PM me for some fantastic recommendations. And for newbies I'd suggest melodic progressive house.

Omar1292

I have other tips that made me pumped up before going to workouts generally.
- Playing some motivational music (music from sports movies that I like) while getting up.
- Having a ready bag with all the equipments (shorts, shoes , other clothes needed in your workout) you need in your car/office.
- Finding a partner or someone that can go with you.

Uncle Dil

Great tips!

Something that always helps me is thinking about just how long I have to do cardio/exercise/lift weights for the food I'm putting in my body. For example, how long does it take you to eat a cookie or piece of bread? 2 minutes? Now think, how long does it take for you to burn off the ~100 calories? 15 minutes? Makes food choices a lot simpler!