What's new

Think And Grow Rich

Genelle17

This book is an absolute game changer. It completely changed my perspective on life, money, mindset, and what we are ALL capable of as a person. I haven't read it in a while, but plan to re read it again. Im curious to see if anyone else has read this book before along with what their thoughts are on it!

Jatelo2

I always take books about money with a pinch of salt for most are more or less fictitious (tips that hardly work in real life). That's not how Napoleon's book turned out to be, however. The real-life illustrations make the book realistic; exactly what one needs for self-improvement.

This stuck to date:

"I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself." ~ Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich)

Genelle17

I always take books about money with a pinch of salt for most are more or less fictitious (tips that hardly work in real life). That's not how Napoleon's book turned out to be, however. The real-life illustrations make the book realistic; exactly what one needs for self-improvement.

This stuck to date:

"I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself." ~ Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich)
Yes definitely understand what you mean! I think the biggest thing that people miss is that the tips aren't money aren't necessarily false, its just the fact that the rest of the info within the book has to actually be applied in life in a certain way, to be made true!
Similar with the law of attraction; it 100 percent works for everyone, but the reason why some say it doesn't is because they think if they simply dream of something, itll happen forgetting that they must put in the work while keeping that vision in mind!

nhenrick

If any of you are looking for a great, straight to the point financial book, try "F.U. Money" by Dan Lok. This book gave me a whole different outlook on finances and on life too. Dan Lok goes against conventional wisdom and presents the idea that everyone doesn't have a savings problem, but rather an income problem. His way of teaching and talking is very blunt, yet nonetheless accurate. His book is definitely not for the faint of heart, but it is a serious game changer for anyone looking at a more aggressive growth to wealth.

I tried to read this book when I was a teen and then in my twenties but couldn't get through it. Not due to concepts but the writing is too on-the-nose and a lot of statements without supporting ideas and such. I thought I'd try it again when I read that Manson was a huge of Hill and also Carnegie's How To...Influence People. Then again he was a huge Scientologist and claimed to be a Perfect Clear. I know, taking reading suggs from psychopaths maybe not be the best idea.

This book was a game changer for me as well. I'm curious as to what other people think the big "secret" is. I've heard so many mixed opinions on it. Some swear there's one secret and that they know what it is. Others say Hill used the promise of a big secret as a literary device to get you to keep reading and keep going back to the book. The first time I read it, I thought that the secret was to have a definite purpose and pursue it until you've achieved it no matter what setbacks occur. Is this the real secret? Who knows? All I know is that believing this was the secret go me through some hard times. Whether or not it's what Hill intended the secret to be, the book definitely helped me make giant leaps.