What's new

The Alchemist by author Paulo Coelho review

NeuroSkillz Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The Alchemist is one of my favorite, if not my most favorite, motivational books of all times. It's written as a parable but the quotes and moral lessons scattered throughout the book make this story a true lesson for life. It's one of my favorite audiobooks whenever I'm in traffic because it whisks me away to a far away, enchanted land. I feel invigorated with motivation to be the best person I can be whenever I read or listen to it.

I'd recommend everyone to read this book.

My favorite story within the story is the section when the boy worked for the crystal shop. It was touching and motivating.

What's your favorite part or quote?

Lei Mercado

I love this book as well! Although it has been years since I last had it in my hand, but its lessons will always remain with me. I even remembered posting in facebook, "I'd rather be a shepherd who tends his flock around the world, than to be a princess who sits on her throne all day."

waldemar

I love reading Paulo Coelho's books i like his writing style as well as the moral lessons you will learn every time you finish reading one of his works however I have not read this book yet but from the quote taken from the book I visualized that this will be another exciting novel but this is next on my wishlist!

Lei Mercado

Just to make it clear, the quote I posted was not from The Alchemist. It was just one of the things that came running in my head after reading the book. Sorry for the confusion. Nevertheless, I highly recommend it to you :D

MaryH

This is one of my favorite books (The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho)!

Favorite quote:
“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”

How true is that? Fear holds us back all too often. What is fear? Something we think, and we don't have to make it reality. What we think is not who we are!

suleman

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

One of the best motivational books of all time. Truly a gem! It makes you reflect and ponder on your life. Translated in more than 70 languages, the positive energy generated by Paulo Coelho in this book has no boundaries to either race, color or language. In my opinion, this book should be added into the curriculum of schools. What do you think?

MaryH

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

One of the best motivational books of all time. Truly a gem! It makes you reflect and ponder on your life. Translated in more than 70 languages, the positive energy generated by Paulo Coelho in this book has no boundaries to either race, color or language. In my opinion, this book should be added into the curriculum of schools. What do you think?
Oh, absolutely. This book should be added to the curriculum of schools.

I am always looking for good books to read, and not too many hold my interest. This one, just by chance, I saw that my friend was reading. I then checked it out for myself. The book definitely needs to be touted more than it is!

jtribbett1

Same. When I first read this book, that quote really spoke to me. It's the one book that I will always recommend to friends and it's an amazing story for self-reflection and motivation. I kept a journal next to me when I read it the first time and I still find things to take note of when I reread it. It's one of those books that you delight in rereading - I can't say that about too many.

Has anyone read any of his other books?

What else has he written that is as strong as this one? My mom just read it and insists I do too. I'd like to get her another of his books. What do you recommend????

NewMama

One of my students actually suggested this book to me a few years ago, and I haven't yet picked it up, but reading all of your comments makes me feel like I should run out and get it. I love it when a book has such a big impact.

ericaanne

I absolutely adored listening to the audiobook of the alchemist from audible after being recommended the book so many times from my friends. It’s such a good, heartwarming story without being tedious or patronizing. It really draws you in with the main character and the sort of mystical aspect of the book. I think it’s a great story especially for young people who are trying to find or follow their personal legend.