What's new

Teacher Resources

BlueEdge

Hi everyone! Just wanted to post a couple teacher friendly resources for all my fellow educators out there, feel free to add if you know of some more!

Some resources I have found helpful;

TeachersPayTeachers: Now like the name suggests, you can pay other teachers for lesson plans and materials that they put online. It's a free sign-up service and you can search by academic category, grade, and price. There are some free resources for downloading but a lot of the really good items come at a price. You can even purchase.

BetterLesson; I love, love, LOVE this website! You can search by national standards, grade and academic topics to find lesson plans and units that suit the purpose of your unit. Many of the lessons come with resources as well as videos on how the teacher taught the lesson and got feedback. You can use it to fill in little topics that might have been missed by the curriculum or substitute it for whole lessons. I've also used it to reteach topics from time to time or try something new.

WendyM

Another great resource is CommonLit.org (it's free for teachers and students)...especially if you teach English.

I use Commonlit and love it.
Teachers Pay Teachers has saved me in a pinch several times and has some truly great material.

Also, Schoology has a free version that does everything except post to your grade book. I use it to give assignments and post information or worksheets so kids can’t lose them. I can create assignments in moments with links and documents. Kids keep up when they are sick- no more sending work back and forth. I also have the app on my iPad and when I assign papers, they submit in Schoology. No big stacks to carry. No papers to misplace, and I can edit and score from my iPad. You can create tests and test banks too! Check it out!

BlueEdge

Thank you all for the new resources! I will definitely look in to them since I'm always looking to expand my education methods. One resource I forgot to add was Newsela, it's free account allows you to assign articles to your students and the program adjusts to the child's lexile level. Pro accounts can access quiz material.