What's new

Sleeping and Chronotypes

Rae1234

I found this video on the benefits of getting up early - like 5am early. The early bird gets the worm, right? Well I don’t have any kind of sleep schedule to brag about, but this video is definitely motivating me to consider becoming a consistent early riser.

I guess its not surprising to learn that early risers are more disciplined, deal with challenges in a more proactive way, and feel more in control. According to this video, they also take on new challenges more readily, are less stressed, more optimistic and more conscientious as compared to others.

What’s interesting is that the reasons for this have been established through the study of chronotypes. “A person's chronotype is the propensity for the individual to sleep at a particular time during a 24-hour period.” (wikipedia)

I like the advice to get up early in the morning, and let your mind have time to “wake up” to inspirational media that is directly related to your own goals and interests, before launching into the other activities.