What's new

Self-Development and Self-Esteem

settinggoals321

I have noticed that there are a lot of people who struggle when it comes to their own self-esteem. Perhaps it has always been an issue, but I have noticed a growing trend in recent years. It seems as if a growing number of younger people are struggling with having a positive self-esteem. I feel like having a positive self-image is very important for self-development, so I worry a lot for people who struggle with this sort of problem. Does anyone have tips for improving one's self-esteem? Are there any activities one can participate in that would help build one's self-esteem as well as one's self-development?

hladik

I thing it comes from this meirl stuff, all people joking about depression instead of seeking help, I understand it's better to laugh in hard times, but there's a point in which it turns to mock instead of anything else.

Creating something is always a great way of improving one's selfsteem. The fact that there is a thing which came out of you is amazing. The best part is that it leaves a trace, you can see the piles of work you have already done, you can't deny it's existance.

settinggoals321

I thing it comes from this meirl stuff, all people joking about depression instead of seeking help, I understand it's better to laugh in hard times, but there's a point in which it turns to mock instead of anything else.

Creating something is always a great way of improving one's selfsteem. The fact that there is a thing which came out of you is amazing. The best part is that it leaves a trace, you can see the piles of work you have already done, you can't deny it's existance.
I agree! Creating something is good advice. It can make feel fulfilled. Creating something can range from being something small to something that takes more time. Either one can help one's self-worth increase. I also agree that people joking about depression can be harmful. I think people address the issue too casually instead of seriously seeking help. While I agree that being able to laugh at troubles can be helpful, joking about depression and self-esteem can actually make the problem worse, in a lot of cases.

Yeah, I have these troubling thoughts as well that often result in low self-esteem. But that usually happens when I have some extra time to think about my actions and things that I should've done differently. That's the time when I am most self-conscious about myself.