What's new

Relationship Uncertainity

Thomas

Hey there! Need help from Neuro club community. I married two years ago, currently with one kind (baby girl). Prior to marrying, I was employed by one famous company which offered me 3-year-contract. I worked for 1 year and six months after which the company collapse indefinitely. I didn't manage to save more to sustain my family for the period was too short. As of now, I am unemployed and my wife is pressing for a divorce since she has no future with a "broken man". Her parent has made two attempts to "robe" from me but in vain, they are insisting that their child must go back home. Please assist me on how to handle this situation before it develops worse.

Jatelo2

First, my sympathies. Your partner married you for the money, the reason she sees no reason to stay now that you don't have a reliable income.

There are two approaches I'd use in your position...

First, I'd try talking sense into the wife i.e. reminding her why you came together and the importance of staying together through the trying times...if not for anything, but the kid. If that doesn't work (which is most likely as she is under pressure from without) I'd use the second approach:
  1. Accept the reality that your marriage is not going to last, unless you find another source of income...which might be easier said than done.
  2. Find a lawyer, preferably a friend, to cushion you against the extortionists (the lady and her parents ) and help you get custody if it is something you want
  3. And set your mind on starting a fresh...fresh relationship only this time with someone who loves who and not what you are.
The second approach may sound harsh and insensitive, but it's the one that would save you from anxiety and depression (which as you might already know can make you more miserable than keeping a woman who loves nothing about you but your money)

That's how I would go about it...

Let me know if it's something you can implement.

Once again, sorry.

Seeker Best

I am sorry. I am not yet married so, the chance of being able to say something worthwhile might be a little slim. But what I feel is that you talk sense into the lady and her parents, if possible. Let them know that marriage is life and life itself is full of ups and downs. It's exceedingly irksome that what they loved is your money and once the nucleus of the love is gone, the relationship may unavoidably melt into void.

Stay strong, man.