What's new

Reading and Learning as a form of success

ericaanne

I often try to find success is personal development by reading books that I think might help me “adult” or understand the world better simply by researching the topic online or through books. Some of the things I try to read up on are personal finance and investing, geography, astrology, history, and modern classical literature in between TV shows and more fun novels. Right now I’m reading a book about living in a van and also 1984 by George Orwell! What do you like to read about? Do you ever take online courses just for fun or watch Khan Academy videos?

nhenrick

I love the way you're thinking about this because I so agree! It is very very important to always seek new knowledge. It is said that the most successful people in life read boos in their free time. Why? Because they know that knowledge equals success. The more you know, and the more educated we are, the better off we will be. Personally, I will always find myself on YouTube watching finance videos, lifestyle videos, or even quirky weird factual videos; anything that gets the brain thinking and growing. I believe that it is crucial to always learn and to take the time to increase our skills and knowledge, as it will prepare us for the future and overall success in life.