What's new

Post Partum Memory Loss

Edzky_18

After a year of being married with my husband, we were one day greeted by a very good news from my OB. She said I'm pregnant with my first born! I actually took a P-test at home twice, but I want to be very sure so we went to an OB and that was when she spilled it out. Both of us were really very ecstatic after hearing the news. My husband wholeheartedly supported my food cravings. I also bought a book entitled "What to Expect When You're Expecting". It's a complete guide to expectant mothers.

At the onset of my pregnancy, I already noticed some short memory lapses which were not present when I'm single. Back then I used to have a very good memory (I'm not bragging here, but I usually got perfect grades in quizzes). My memory deficits continue to worsen after I got pregnant with my second child. My eldest then was 10 months old.

Even now that my 2nd child is already 14 months old, I still have these lapses. I've read some articles online that it may or may not be natural to have memory loss after pregnancy.

Anyway, whether its natural or not, I hope its curable. Am I the only one here who have gone through these? If you experienced the same or you know someone who did, how long did you/she suffer from it and what did you/she do to overcome it?

Last edited:

EJDarnell

It is actually very normal for women in general to have loses in regards to their physical abilities, as I recall correctly, the same as your body transforms and changes itself, your whole existence changes for that baby and I forgot the reason why, but it affects your brain. Your memory gets foggier with age but as a woman - also with pregnancy. You have better reflexes and hearing though, your body changes from one very incapable offspring, to compensate, nature changes a woman's natural biology, which imo is amazing.

Nothing wrong with some amazing bioscience! Nature is pretty wicked.

Edzky_18

It is actually very normal for women in general to have loses in regards to their physical abilities, as I recall correctly, the same as your body transforms and changes itself, your whole existence changes for that baby and I forgot the reason why, but it affects your brain. Your memory gets foggier with age but as a woman - also with pregnancy. You have better reflexes and hearing though, your body changes from one very incapable offspring, to compensate, nature changes a woman's natural biology, which imo is amazing.

Nothing wrong with some amazing bioscience! Nature is pretty wicked.
I agree and can relate with affecting the brain... I mean not just about memory loss... even the way I think and act. Maybe it's His way of making the necessary adjustments for us, so that we could adapt to the challenges ahead of us, being a mother, you know.

EJDarnell

I agree and can relate with affecting the brain... I mean not just about memory loss... even the way I think and act. Maybe it's His way of making the necessary adjustments for us, so that we could adapt to the challenges ahead of us, being a mother, you know.
I agree, Edzky_18!