What's new

Positive reinforcement for the day.

DanialIbrahim

There are some days you may feel,
As if things just aren't going right.
No amount of attempts to avoid,
You step into the big mud puddle despite!

On these days to give up would be easy,
You'd like to just walk away.
And sometimes taking a step back,
Maybe exactly the right way.

But at a point, you'll have to decide,
If you're going to let them win.
This is the time that you'll look deep inside,
And see if you have it within.

When you are ready to take the next step,
And show that you are ready to fight.
Avoid what you can and it's okay if you can't,
Cause no matter what, you'll be all right.

By Julie Hebert

I wanted to share this poem with you as it is very dear to me. This poem talks about the struggles of life, how even a single bad day can bring you down, how failing at something repeatedly can make you think of giving up, but in the end, we should make a decision where giving up isn't an option and that we should keep trying, no matter what happens. I was at a crossroads in life where I had to choose between the career path my parents wanted me to follow and the one I've wanted to do since I was 10 years old. At first, it was tough, but I was lucky enough to have a proper support system to motivate me and after some deep soul searching, I've embarked upon a career path that I'm truly passionate about. I wish you all the best of luck in all your future endeavors. Hope my story motivates you to take that ever-so-hard step towards self-fulfillment.

If there are any more positive stories similar to mine, kindly post them below. I'd love to hear them! Cheers!

Genevieve

Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you went with your heart's desire, and not your parent's choice. As someone who is a bit co-dependent and cares deeply about my parents happiness, I can understand how difficult of a decision that was for you. But you only have one life, and it may be cliche but it's over in the blink of an eye so live it your way.

DanialIbrahim

Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you went with your heart's desire, and not your parent's choice. As someone who is a bit co-dependent and cares deeply about my parents happiness, I can understand how difficult of a decision that was for you. But you only have one life, and it may be cliche but it's over in the blink of an eye so live it your way.
I agree completely Genevieve, life is pretty short and we definitely should live it to the fullest. It was tough, but I'm glad I made the right call in the end.