What's new

"Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet"

Lei Mercado

"Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet."

This quote from anonymous echoes deep within my soul. It reminds me of the time when I couldn't find for words to express how terrible an exam went, or how frustrating a week turned out to be, and still find someone listening to the unspoken words I say. It's easy to hear when there's sound, but it definitely takes a lot to listen to the silent screams of one's soul. Friends who take time to sit down with you, even just to keep you company, is definitely worth keeping.

lashley101

"Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet."

This quote from anonymous echoes deep within my soul. It reminds me of the time when I couldn't find for words to express how terrible an exam went, or how frustrating a week turned out to be, and still find someone listening to the unspoken words I say. It's easy to hear when there's sound, but it definitely takes a lot to listen to the silent screams of one's soul. Friends who take time to sit down with you, even just to keep you company, is definitely worth keeping.
Hi Lei Mercado,

I agree, this quote is really quite powerful and moves the soul. It resonates with me because sometimes when I am going through inner-personal conflict, I don't always feel comfortable sharing what is going on even when on the outside it is obvious I am not doing well. It is nice to have those friends who notice that something is off simply due to prolonged silences--both figuratively and literally. Sometimes when we are quiet is when we have the most to say but don't or can't find words to say it. What a beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing!