What's new

My favorite Weight Loss self-hypnosis app and book

LovinLife

I've been using "self-hypnosis audiobooks" for a long time (all the way back to the time of cassette tapes.) I've always found them useful, but some more than others. Some had distracting music, an annoying voice, terrible "suggestions" or even one had squeaking chairs in the audio!

I was really happy to run across Paul MacKenna's book, "I Can Make You Thin." It was the most common sense approach to weight loss that I have ever heard. After using the book and accompanying CD, I purchased his app as well. The app took me through daily sessions to reinforce good habits like eating slowly and stopping short of being full (to give the mind-stomach link time to realize that I really was full.)

I didn't feel deprived and was really happy with it and the results.

Have any of you used self-hypnosis for weight loss and what did you prefer?

RyleanBadger

I always feel a little self-conscious when I try to get hypnotized. I worry that I'm not susceptible to it. Do you think an audiobook would help with this?

Tiajanay

I always feel a little self-conscious when I try to get hypnotized. I worry that I'm not susceptible to it. Do you think an audiobook would help with this?
I defiantly have the same problem, and my skeptical side comes out and is negative about the whole thing. I know you have to be open to it so maybe doing it privately at home with an audio book would allow me to feel less defensive about it working and more susceptible and open to the whole process

A_wrenn

I tend to be a skeptic with most things, particularly hypnosis. I've also heard that hypnosis requires acceptance of it, in order to be susceptible to it. I remember in college that there was a hypnotist comedian that visited the campus. I never attended but heard many people talk about it afterwards.