What's new

My Favorite Quote

eman12771

Although I'm not super religious, my favorite quote comes from the Bible: John 8:32, "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." My favorite part of this quote is "the truth will set you free." It's so simple yet so powerful. I think this quote definitely applies to non-religious people too. Sometimes I feel like we are living a lie or not living true to ourselves. Once the truth is revealed, we start to live, we set ourselves free. What does this quote mean to you? Is your interpretation of it similar to mine?

Chris Jeff

To me, the Bible quote John 8:32 means-
And you shall know the truth - If a person does engage with the truth, with the reality of who Jesus is, then something
genuine will happen to them. These person will go beyond the mechanics of religion and will enter the liberating power of “the truth.” It is truth about Jesus Christ who came to save mankind from Sin and death. It is one thing to know about Christ academically, but it is another to experience His saving grace. Truth and Jesus are closely associated so that knowledge of the truth is connected to knowledge of Jesus
...and the truth shall make you free.”
Truth liberates. Genuine engagement with Christ will free the soul to do the will of God. Truth in this context is Christ Himself.
In a generation of skepticism, it is refreshing that we can “know the truth.”
The truth will set people free from spiritual slavery. There is liberty in Christ.