What's new

Motivation & Discipline

Genelle17

As someone who has been an avid fitness goer for the past 5 years, I have definitely learned a lot about motivation and discipline. The biggest thing I've learned is that when motivation seems to be lacking, that is when discipline kicks in. Discipline to me, is created by forming a habit. Sticking to something long enough that when your motivation isn't there, you have built up a habit long enough to rely on discipline to keep you going! Along with that, both of those things begin with creating goals for yourself. And not just huge goals, but short term attainable ones, along with long term overall goals. By doing this, as well as reminding yourself of them every day, that leads to success in anything you are trying to achieve. Curious what your viewpoints are on motivation & discipline? Do you view them differently?

Tiajanay

I agree that a habit is the best way to build up to meet your goals. But I sometimes if the motivation isn't there it can be life watering a rock your not going to get anywhere. You have to decide how important this goal really is to you. If it's important enough nothing will stop you

EJDarnell

I actually enjoy your point of view and find it inspiring! Or Awe-spiring, ha-ha! In some way, I suppose we all have to find our own way of motivating ourselves, some people just do it for no other than having a routine, not because they have a goal? At times it's just the idea of having something stable or some stability in your life. I think motivation, routine and mental health all come together in some way . . . I am unsure if anyone else would agree. But thank you for the words!

BrigS

Your perspective actually sounds extremely helpful. I have a hard time making myself do things when "I don't want to." It's important to realize the motivation it not always going to be there; I'm not always "going to want to", but that doesn't mean you don't do it. I have a personal issue with that, and have a tendency to quit when I stop wanting to do something.