What's new

Mindful Eating

M

magikheart

I recently read an article that popped up on my computer about mindfulness when eating. It stated that chewing several times rather than the fast-paced five or six chews, and really paying attention to what you're eating can help promote weight loss. I'll admit, I have a bit of an issue with overeating and self-control. I'm beginning to wonder if this might be a better way to eat. I'd understand flavors more, and appreciate the tastes more. I could listen to my body and know when I was feeling full and when to stop. I am a foodie after all. Does anyone practice minful eating already? How has it changed your habits?

Genelle17

YES! Mindful eating is so important. I am a Personal Trainer/Health Coach as well as someone who struggled with weight/eating a lot in my past and mindful eating is key. How I practice it, is tuning into my hunger cues and genuinely gauging how hungry I actually am, to avoid overeating. I also cook all my own meals so that I can actually appreciate the taste and the nutrients in my food, and then I do my best to eat without distractions AND make sure you're sitting down! Walking and eating is actually very bad for digestion. But I focus on literally tasting every bits instead of just shoveling food into my mouth because that's when you're left with overeating and not even being satisfied because you feel like you cant even taste the food you just ate! If you have any other questions you could DM me :)

AllisonST32

Mindful eating is great for preventing overeating. Your brain doesn't get the signal from your stomach that you are full until about 10-20 minutes later. Taking your time to eat lets your stomach and brain catch up and prevent you from overeating. Try and find a new recipe to try and take the time to enjoy!