What's new

Meditation Combined with Affirmations

TroySoldier

Hey Everyone! I have been meditating in the morning for 5-10 minutes every morning for a few weeks now. I try to keep my mind still, perhaps on a single thought or goal I want to accomplish. Has anyone combined their meditation practice with affirmations? If so, how do you combine the two? Any success?

Bryan411

Yes, affirmations work to a degree. They improve your mood, but only temporarily. If you have a bad moment it can ruin your day, if you just rely on affirmations. It is important to keep different techniques in your arsenal, so when anxiety hits you have different strategies. If you need a quick fix and need to get back to the task at hand, it is best to use deep breathing exercises. Otherwise, I would listen to guided meditation, which combines affirmations and techniques for improved focus. It is difficult to use a combination of techniques and you do not have to master them right away. Try each technique one at a time. Once you feel comfortable you can combine them for a stronger effect.

Last edited:

TroySoldier

Yes, affirmations work to a degree. They improve your mood, but only temporarily. If you have a bad moment it can ruin your day, if you just rely on affirmations. It is important to keep different techniques in your arsenal, so when anxiety hits you have different strategies. If you need a quick fix and need to get back to the task at hand, it is best to use deep breathing exercises. Otherwise, I would listen to guided meditation, which combines affirmations and techniques for improved focus. It is difficult to use a combination of techniques and you do not have to master them right away. Try each technique one at a time. Once you feel comfortable you can combine them for a stronger effect.
Oooh! I like that idea! My meditation practice is... well... lacking ):

I will try to incorporate a bit more each day. Perhaps only add a few minutes to each day?

Bryan411

Yes, I would also try to meditate before big events, such as interviews. That way you will have the right frame of mind to deal with situations as they come up. You will also gain confidence over time. If possible, I would also suggest that you increase your meditation to at least 10 -15 minutes per day.