What's new

Mantras for positivity

dansecaribe

Good morning,

Was curious if any of you have any mantras you internalize and tell yourselves when faced with anxiety or a difficult situation. I find that it sometimes helps me to repeatedly think "everything is going to be okay", "you're just anxious, it will pass". Little things like that that really help me focus alongside some deep breathing exercises. Let me know if which phrases work for you. ^_^

DanRoz

Hey! Great question.

One mantra of sorts that has always stuck with me is this quote from Oscar Wilde: "Life is too important to be taken seriously."
It can be read in a variety of ways, but in terms of dealing with anxiety or difficult situations, this quote has helped remind me time and time again that most things aren't worth the stress. It's just a nice dose of perspective: each decision and problem in life feels so weighty, but more often than not that "weightiness" is relatively unwarranted.
Personally, I find it much easier to deal with issues when I take a step back and mentally reduce the importance I ascribe to seemingly all-important things.

LaVagabonde

"It is what it is." You hear this all the time now, but this little phrase really helps me put things in perspective. Instead of fretting over things we can't change, sometimes we just have to accept it. Now, this doesn't mean we shouldn't work to change the things that are in our power to change.

That makes me think of the Serenity Prayer many of us are familiar with. My mother had this hanging up in our kitchen when I was growing up, so I probably read it a million times:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

yalatorre

Good morning,

Was curious if any of you have any mantras you internalize and tell yourselves when faced with anxiety or a difficult situation. I find that it sometimes helps me to repeatedly think "everything is going to be okay", "you're just anxious, it will pass". Little things like that that really help me focus alongside some deep breathing exercises. Let me know if which phrases work for you. ^_^
I repeat similar mantras whenever I wake up feeling heavy or dreading the day. I do believe in the power of positive thinking and projecting energy based on how we feel. So, if I tell myself "today will be great" I hope to change how I feel, project it and thus have a great day. :)

dansecaribe

I repeat similar mantras whenever I wake up feeling heavy or dreading the day. I do believe in the power of positive thinking and projecting energy based on how we feel. So, if I tell myself "today will be great" I hope to change how I feel, project it and thus have a great day. :)
I agree positive thinking and energy are enormously powerful. "Today will be great" is a wonderful and simple phrase to stay positive throughout the day. Thank you for sharing, yalatorre.

Edzky_18

"All is well!"....I usually said these words. I got this from one of my favorite movies entitled "3 Idiots". The movie was really great that I got to watch it 3 or more times and recommended it to everyone who's asking for movie recommendations. That mantra was always used by the main characters there whenever they encounter difficulties.