What's new

Looking for Recommendations

k.lassiter

I am looking to learn Spanish so that I can communicate with the increasing Latino population in my area. What resources - books, websites, tutorials, etc. - would you recommend? I know very basic random words and numbers that kids might learn from Sesame Street and that is all, so I need the very basic beginning level to start. Thanks.

NeuroSkillz Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi k.lassiter,
Hands down, the best system is Pimsleur. You can usually find the first levels available at a local library as well.

shrills

DuoLingo is my absolute favorite app for maintaining Spanish fluency and learning the fundamentals of a new language.

tdp1205

I am looking to learn Spanish so that I can communicate with the increasing Latino population in my area. What resources - books, websites, tutorials, etc. - would you recommend? I know very basic random words and numbers that kids might learn from Sesame Street and that is all, so I need the very basic beginning level to start. Thanks.
I like the free app Memrise, which is useful for many languages. As shrills said, Duolingo is good too (and also free).

I have heard really good things about Babbel, but it is a paid app. I tried their free demo and it seemed good, but I am so used to free teaching tools on the Internet that I can't quite bring myself to pay :)

tdp