What's new

Learning other languages

Edzky_18

It's a good thing if a person knows a couple or more languages. Right now, this has been included in my bucket list and I'm into learning Spanish. I searched the net on how to start learning the language, and it brings me fun! I even uploaded free related apps in my phone to help me more. I also joined a learning language community site and I have the priviledge to converse with native Spanish members there. They help me in my learning journey and I really appreciate their assistance. Every day I got to learn by heart at least 5 Spanish words, and I was able to contruct simple sentences in Spanish for less than 3 days.

What about you? What language do you like to learn and why?

Taliah1

Hi!
It's great that you're talking to native Spanish people and using the language with people. I like to learn Spanish as well. At first I had picked it up because it sounded relatively simple, but I soon fell in love with the culture and the music. Now I have the goal of getting good enough to understand 90% of what is being said in the music and it's been helpful in building my vocabulary. Realizing I understand the chorus of a song is a great feeling, like a mini triumph. Learning languages is great for the brain, and your mood.

Jatelo2

It's a good thing you brought this up. I'm not a native English speaker (though English is the official language in my country) and would want to know online communities where I can have conversations with native speakers. I'm told conversing is the best way to improve my English to the native level. Can you suggest any site?

Apart from English, I downloaded Duolingo to learn French. My country has lots of opportunities for those who speak French and I wouldn't want to miss on the list.

Edzky_18

Hi!
It's great that you're talking to native Spanish people and using the language with people. I like to learn Spanish as well. At first I had picked it up because it sounded relatively simple, but I soon fell in love with the culture and the music. Now I have the goal of getting good enough to understand 90% of what is being said in the music and it's been helpful in building my vocabulary. Realizing I understand the chorus of a song is a great feeling, like a mini triumph. Learning languages is great for the brain, and your mood.
Indeed!
It brings a very positive feeling when you could decipher a statement about the language you are learning. Every day you are anticipating for new words and fresh learnings. 😊😊

Edzky_18

It's a good thing you brought this up. I'm not a native English speaker (though English is the official language in my country) and would want to know online communities where I can have conversations with native speakers. I'm told conversing is the best way to improve my English to the native level. Can you suggest any site?

Apart from English, I downloaded Duolingo to learn French. My country has lots of opportunities for those who speak French and I wouldn't want to miss on the list.
There are a number of learning languages community sites in the net, you just need to search for it. Though I'm currently into reddit and https:/ /languagetools.io. The last one is a new site while reddit has been around for a long time.

I'm also using Duolingo. It's fun learning there! :)

Last edited: