What's new

Learning a Foreign Language though Music

OlgaC

Leave the books alone for a while and learn language through music! It's a great way to learn new vocabulary.
One really cool thing about learning from music – other than it being nice to listen to – is that you can sing along to the music despite not knowing exactly what the words mean. You don’t need to know how to write the words, but you will still be able to repeat the ones being used in the songs, and they will somehow flow from you in the right accent and with perfect intonation as you are just repeating what someone else is singing. Music is almost like another language on its own, at least for me.

Do you learn new words through music? Do you like listening to music in another language?

waldemar

Yes I do you are correct you can learn new language from music or songs from foreign countries for example the phenomenon of korean pop most of the youngsters listen to them and they already adapt some of the words and understood some korean verses from the songs they are hearing. You are enjoying the music and at the same time learning from it.

Chris Jeff

This is really true. You can learn a language through music. I can remember listening to some Spanish music some months ago and I liked so, I sang along even though I really didn't get the words. I searched for the song online and it's lyrics as well as translation in English. It was amazing how I got to learn some words of a foreign language. Music does help in learning. I think it should be adapted. It is really a fascinating experience.