What's new

Learn something new every day

anbrown72

I have always viewed life as a never-ending learning adventure. I find it so imperative to continuously update your skills in order to progress further with your goals. I make it a point to learn something new every day.

When I was a child, my mother gifted me a set of World Book Encyclopedias which started me on my daily journey of learning a new word every day. I found joy and a sense of accomplishment in teaching myself something new. It was and still is an exciting adventure.

Now as a parent myself, I encourage my children to learn something new on a daily basis. It is amazing to teach and watch them grasp the concept of what is being taught, but there's nothing more fulfilling than seeing the light in their eyes when they learn something on their own.

MaryH

I have always viewed life as a never-ending learning adventure. I find it so imperative to continuously update your skills in order to progress further with your goals. I make it a point to learn something new every day.

When I was a child, my mother gifted me a set of World Book Encyclopedias which started me on my daily journey of learning a new word every day. I found joy and a sense of accomplishment in teaching myself something new. It was and still is an exciting adventure.

Now as a parent myself, I encourage my children to learn something new on a daily basis. It is amazing to teach and watch them grasp the concept of what is being taught, but there's nothing more fulfilling than seeing the light in their eyes when they learn something on their own.
Learning is such a gift! I recently wrote a post that talked about turning mistakes into learning experiences. That is the positive side of things! Then, I think exercising our brains is just as important as exercising our bodies.

M

magikheart

I think life is a never-ending learning experience. Take reading, for example. Anything you read, whether it is fiction or nonfiction, the person who wrote that has a different set of life skills and experience than you do. You can learn what it's like to live in a different climate, how one person connects to another, or how to continue building skills. Geez, you read a book like Dexter, and you learn some pretty crazy blood chemistry!

annelill

Actively learning something everyday can feel like a mental burden for some, myself included. My way of trying to combat that is to live life in a way that I am always exposing myself to new ideas or experiences. Whether that means talking to someone new, reading a new book, or putting myself into an unfamiliar experience (e.g. by traveling or even just going to a new restaurant in town), I bring new things into my life. I find this way that down the road I’ll be in discussion with someone and bringing up facts I learned from these experiences without even realizing I had learned them! It can be incredibly rewarding and just a different way of going about learning.

Lei Mercado

Just reading this thread helps me learn! Thank you for these :)

I am actually an introvert, but growing up, I challenged myself to be more sociable because I realized how important interacting with someone can be so helpful in developing insights. It also taught me to become a listener and practice empathy. But one thing I still need to work on is approaching situations that are tensed, such as when arguments arise. I would appreciate it if someone could give me advise and tips in dealing with those kinds of situations :)

anbrown72

Just reading this thread helps me learn! Thank you for these :)

I am actually an introvert, but growing up, I challenged myself to be more sociable because I realized how important interacting with someone can be so helpful in developing insights. It also taught me to become a listener and practice empathy. But one thing I still need to work on is approaching situations that are tensed, such as when arguments arise. I would appreciate it if someone could give me advise and tips in dealing with those kinds of situations :)
You should be very proud that you pushed yourself! Challenging yourself is one of the best ways to overcome being introverted. I am an introvert as well, so I know how hard it can be to socialize and participate in different activities. Just trying something new is an accomplishment on its own.