What's new

Keeping a gratitude journal

anniel

Honestly, I have found keeping a gratitude journal to be one of the most important factors in staying positive, motivated, and engaged with the world. I simply write down 5-10 things/experiences/etc. I'm grateful for at the end of each day. Then I look back at them over time. Obviously this isn't my own idea-- I've seen countless others do it-- but in terms of effort to rewards it is simply phenomenal.

rejuvenate

Yes I couldn't agree more. Keeping a gratitude journey really helps shift your mindset and appreciate all the things you have in your life. I love keeping a list or thinking about what I am grateful for when I'm feeling sad or one of the low level emotional energies.

Oh, that's exactly what I was doing just a bit over a year ago, but for some unknown reason, I stopped. But now, as I read your post, I am seriously considering to start doing it again, given all the amazing benefits that journaling provides, so thanks for that. Also, I find freewriting a.k.a. writing whatever comes to your mind, very beneficial, for clearing up one's thoughts, so I strongly recommend it.