What's new

Journal Your Way Through Personal Transformation

msimmonds913

As someone who loves to write, I find it easier to write out the issues I am currently dealing with, which is something I have learned from my Creative Non-Fiction course at school. You might notice or discover something about an issue when you write an incident out, which will also help you to get it out of your system by putting your thoughts to paper. I can't tell you how much I discovered about my shame or my relationship with a sibling as I wrote, re-wrote, and worked out a short story. Because of this discovery, I try to spend a little time each day writing about something personal whether it is currently occuring in my life or is from my past. I attain prompts from pinterest or other books of memoir excercises that will drive you to open up.

Warning: you might be surprised of what you discover about yourself through journaling; however, that is the whole point of personal transformation. Journaling your way to personal transformation will help you get over grudges, have a deeper understanding of what happened and why it happened, your relationships with others, etc. More importantly though, it will lead to your happiness as you free yourself from the past that you continue to hold.

annelill

I’ve always wanted to be able to keep a journal, but never have been able to keep up with it. However, I’m and artist and recently read a recommendation for journaling to help with motivation and inspiration. It said that a journal didn’t have to be just words, it could be a visual journal as well. The idea of just sketching down odd little thoughts and ideas maybe with some words attached is so much more approachable to me. I’m taking some R&R time at the moment, but once I’m back in real life I’m excited to give it a try and see if it helps me going forward.

chsarahahmed

I can't say enough good things about journaling! I have a leatherbound journal and a journaling app (Momento) on my phone. I use both fairly regularly. Due to my current life circumstances, there are so many negative feelings inside me that I can't even make sense of sometimes. But journaling helps me make sense of them, or at least put them out of my mind. I feel that once I have put pen to paper and written how I feel, my mind feels at ease. This is the biggest benefit of journaling I have experienced: my very loud mind becomes much quieter once I have written down how I feel.

I’ve always wanted to be able to keep a journal, but never have been able to keep up with it. However, I’m and artist and recently read a recommendation for journaling to help with motivation and inspiration. It said that a journal didn’t have to be just words, it could be a visual journal as well. The idea of just sketching down odd little thoughts and ideas maybe with some words attached is so much more approachable to me. I’m taking some R&R time at the moment, but once I’m back in real life I’m excited to give it a try and see if it helps me going forward.
You should check out art journaling. Pinterest has some great ideas for inspiration. I have wanted to start an art journal for ages, but since I am not as good with visual expression as I am with words, I always end up feeling intimidated and put it off. :(