What's new

Increasing Water Intake

Solson124

I get headaches the moment I’m dehydrated. It’s like clockwork! I recently bought myself a new water bottle that tells me exactly how many ounces I’m drinking each day. I’ve found it to be profoundly helpful in encouraging my water intake each day.

Although now I have to over constantly, I don’t get any headaches anymore! What are your tricks to increasing your water intake each day?

natjacobsmeier

Ooh! I like this one. I also am very keen on the fact that water helps increase so many things. Helps with your skin, helps mentally (alertness) and so many more things. One thing I do occasionally to try to increase water intake is to drink a cup before and after meals. Doing it before helps you not to eat as much (if you’re an overeater)! Also when I feel like I’m getting hungry, but I just ate or had a snack. I drink water!

jacque_mich

The water bottle definitely helps! I carry the same one every day that holds a liter, and try to drink several of them. I feel a lot better all around when I drink enough water, and it helps my appetite as well. There are certain places in my daily routine, like on work breaks and between classes, when it's easy to remember to refill it. Often when I feel hungry, I just haven't refilled my water bottle in a while! Also, flavor helps my water intake. I like to work out, and I add BCAAs to my water at least once a day. They are the building blocks for protein, and help muscle repair, low or zero calorie, and usually just taste really good! Most vitamin or supplement stores have them. The flavor can help when I'm having sweet cravings, too. Things like the low-calorie flavored drops, or just adding a tablespoon or so of lemon juice can help as well.

Solson124

The water bottle definitely helps! I carry the same one every day that holds a liter, and try to drink several of them. I feel a lot better all around when I drink enough water, and it helps my appetite as well. There are certain places in my daily routine, like on work breaks and between classes, when it's easy to remember to refill it. Often when I feel hungry, I just haven't refilled my water bottle in a while! Also, flavor helps my water intake. I like to work out, and I add BCAAs to my water at least once a day. They are the building blocks for protein, and help muscle repair, low or zero calorie, and usually just taste really good! Most vitamin or supplement stores have them. The flavor can help when I'm having sweet cravings, too. Things like the low-calorie flavored drops, or just adding a tablespoon or so of lemon juice can help as well.

That's amazing! I've never tried adding BCAAs to my water. I think I'm going to take you up on that idea and start adding it in! I'm a huge fan of cutting up a lemon, adding in strawberries or blueberries into my water. But then you have to clean out the water bottle pretty thoroughly though. I've never thought of just adding in a squirt or two of lemon juice. That seems like such a faster and easier way to infuse flavor into my water routine each day. And I agree about the fullness! Whenever I'm hungry I think back to how much water I've had throughout the day. And TMI, but I do check my pee to see how clear it is each day. It's always a quick and useful indicator of how hydrated I am.

jacque_mich

That's amazing! I've never tried adding BCAAs to my water. I think I'm going to take you up on that idea and start adding it in! I'm a huge fan of cutting up a lemon, adding in strawberries or blueberries into my water. But then you have to clean out the water bottle pretty thoroughly though. I've never thought of just adding in a squirt or two of lemon juice. That seems like such a faster and easier way to infuse flavor into my water routine each day. And I agree about the fullness! Whenever I'm hungry I think back to how much water I've had throughout the day. And TMI, but I do check my pee to see how clear it is each day. It's always a quick and useful indicator of how hydrated I am.
I'm so glad that was helpful, I hope you like the BCAAs. I try to keep things super low-maintenance and keeping bottled lemon juice on hand in the fridge is pretty easy. Also, not TMI because I definitely do the same thing to check hydration status!