What's new

How To Remember Important Dates

EliGray

Hey everyone, I've been having some memory problems lately. Not like remember names or facts or anything, just about remembering dates in particular. This has made things a little tense with my friends and loved ones. Does anyone have any tips they'd like to share? Thank you!

nfilas

Hi EliGray,
My best friend is my google calendar on my phone. I will put everything in there and my phone alerts me when something is coming. Also I used a magnetic calnader on my fridge for the day-to-day appointments. So to me it sounds like a phone calendar for important (not daily) appointments would be best. Then maybe a calendar you write on for day-to-day appointments.

Good luck!

alex

Hi! I also use a calendar, but I've also found it helps to relate dates back to a certain date you already know. For example, I know my own birthday. I memorized my friend's birthday because it was a week before mine, and my cousin's birthday is a month and a day after mine. Good luck!

r.nuno29

Hi Eli! Don't worry. You are not alone! I also struggle keeping up with special dates like birthdays and anniversaries. Because I know I will forget, I jot down the date in my planner as soon as I receive it. An agenda is such a great way to get organized. Simply check it once a day to make sure you're not forgetting an important event! Many people enjoy using the calendars on their smart phones, but I'm a little old fashioned and prefer pen and paper! Hope this helps.

LexiG33

I agree that calendars are helpful. For important dates that I need to remember a gift or card for I add in an additional calendar reminder the week before so I have time to prepare.