How Do You Kick Start Your Day?

For me it's a short mental tally of how my body and mind are feeling before I get out of bed then it's a cup of Oolong tea and simple tai chi on my deck just before the sun peaks up over the horizon. If the weather doesn't permit that, I tend to move the stretching and bending into the living room. But with that said, I'd like to hear how all of you begin your day.

Does coffee count? :)
I enjoy quiet when I wake up, so I often go out of my way to get up before everyone else, brew a pot of coffee, and sit at the kitchen table drink it enjoying the silence before the day begins.

Does coffee count? :)
I enjoy quiet when I wake up, so I often go out of my way to get up before everyone else, brew a pot of coffee, and sit at the kitchen table drink it enjoying the silence before the day begins.
LOL Coffee most definitely does count Shelly. Coffee is the bean juice of life some days and the fuel that keeps me running on others. I can agree on your feelings of enjoying the silence. Life is hectic and "loud" most days. It is nice to kick the morning off in solitude and silence. Thank you for sharing.

@SocialShelley Coffee is definitely the first thing I do in the morning! I love having those minutes before everyone else is awake to enjoy a simple cup of coffee with the dog.
Those quiet and serene moments before everyone rises and you can be alone with your thoughts are definitely times to treasure. I'm working from home at the moment and right now it's just me, the coffee and the dog... and I'm more than okay with that LOL. Thank you for taking the time to chime in.

For many, as well as myself, going to the gym bright and early in the morning is a great way to start the day. Putting in the time and motivation to get up early enough to have time to work out before the day starts is one of the best ways to get the blood flowing and the muscles stretched for the day. Start your day by accomplishing things early. No one wants to go hit the gym after work, it just doesn't happen. Getting your day moving with exercise or cardio is a great way to start the day and have you feeling successful and accomplished early on each day.

My favorite way to wake up is to sit out on our porch with my coffee and my Bible so that I get a few minutes of peace and quiet before the day gets crazy.
That sounds like a nice way to begin the day as well epalmer. Do you also enjoy things like meditation along with that. I'm looking to get into more things like deep meditation and yoga with my morning routine.

For many, as well as myself, going to the gym bright and early in the morning is a great way to start the day. Putting in the time and motivation to get up early enough to have time to work out before the day starts is one of the best ways to get the blood flowing and the muscles stretched for the day. Start your day by accomplishing things early. No one wants to go hit the gym after work, it just doesn't happen. Getting your day moving with exercise or cardio is a great way to start the day and have you feeling successful and accomplished early on each day.
Before my back issues I too enjoyed a morning gym routine and I have to admit that I miss it and I'm looking forward to getting back into it once I'm "all lined out again". It is something that gets your blood flowing nad has you feeling super awake once it you are done. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Make sure to get up at least one hour before I start working. I do my skincare routine, make a good breakfast, take my dog for a walk and put on a good song to listen to. It's a great way to jumpstart the day.

I love to hop out of bed and go to the gym first thing in the morning. Once I get back from the gym, I spend a few minutes cooling down and snuggling my corgi puppy to really take some time for myself, have a convo with my fiancé and then get in the shower and get ready for my day. I've found this puts me in a better mood for the whole day AND I'm fully awake and ready to tackle some work by the time I get in to the office.

I have gotten in this really good habit of waking up early, drinking a cup of green tea, and hitting the gym! The important part here is to not think too much about it or else you will convince yourself to stay home! Lol Doing this has really helped me jump start my day and has made me more alert and productive.

alex

Definitely coffee! Balanced with some water and hopefully some breakfast, though I'm horrible at actually remembering to eat it. Besides that, I like to play music to help me get going with the day. Usually something fast to try and build a positive vibe, but if I'm still feeling tired I might go for something calmer. It depends on the morning, honestly.

During the work week I find that the way I start my day has a direct effect on how the rest of the day plays out. So during the work week the first thing I do when I wake up is a series of yoga poses to wake my body up. While I shower and get dressed I listen to an audio book, a podcast or music depending on what my mood calls for. Once I am ready to go I make myself a nice latte or when it's hot I make my own cold brew and that's how I reward myself for getting up and ready. On the weekends I wake up excited to go to my workout studio so it's much easier haha.

I wake up to soft music, and I lay down for a moment to get myself together and think about what I have going on. While I get dressed for the day I put on some tea and allow the music to play, and then I get myself together. The calmness of the music relaxes me and gives me a positive outlook all day.

I like to start my day off calm. I like to mediate to help prepare myself for the next day. I normally pray and read the bible. This allows me to prepare for the chaos at work.

My morning consists of a glass of cold water to kick start my body. & I love to wash my face straight away as to feel awake and ready for whatever I need to do next! I also love cooking breakfast, so that is next on my agenda and some stretches to finish it off. Makes me feel ready for the day when I can have a great breakfast and know that I am awake!

I really like the routine of making coffee...putting the grains in the filter, filling the tank with water, listening to the coffee gurgle out. A lot of the times it's actually decaf that I drink! I just like making it :)