What's new

Google Drive / Google Docs

Ecoleman24

I personally cannot sing the praises of Google Drive / Google Docs enough. As an avid writer it has given me the ability to access my work nearly everywhere I frequent, while on the move and has allowed me to collaborate with as many people as necessary and all for free. I can write and edit on my PC, laptop, phone and tablet and for a person with my schedule that is worth it's weight in gold!

Would anyone like to share their experience with Google Docs or a program similar to it?

alex

Google Docs/Drive has saved my life multiple times! My favorite use for it is as a collaborative study guide for my college courses. It's a great mechanism for sharing information and chatting all in one place. My favorite feature is the ability to make documents available offline. So many flights have flown by (ha, pun!) with the aid of a doc for me to work on, whether that be an essay or a fun story.

Ecoleman24

I have to agree with you Alex when you call it a lifesaver! It's saved me many times as well. The ability to login and access anywhere is golden and that offline feature makes any trip (when you are not manning the vehicle lol) go by so quickly. I do tons of editing for other people with it too!

Nick90

Oh yeah, completely changed my life. Made it so much easier to collaborate with people on projects and to get access to them across my devices. I'm also a writer, so being able to have access to my projects no matter where I am was a game-changer.

jacque_mich

I agree! We had to use it to collaborate for a class over the summer. I really enjoyed using it, so I use it for most of my classes and professional writing and editing as well. The accessibility is great for a busy full-time worker and college student.