What's new

Free Memory Training Series

waldemar

Hi sir wow this is another exciting blog to read I will be reading this from time to time to learn new things. I have a suggestion maybe we can put a link of this blog on the categories on top beside the members drop down so that new users can easily know about it and learn new things from the blog. Thanks :)

LaVagabonde

Thanks for tip on the blog. In my position, I meet a lot of people, and remembering names is one area I really struggle with. If I had my way, everyone would be required to wear a name tag... lol. When I was a horse-crazy kid, though, I memorized the names of all the Kentucky Derby winners – so I know I have it in me.

When someone remembers my name, it makes me feel special, and I feel an immediate connection. Yet when I run into someone I've met before, I often find myself frantically scanning my brain for the person's name. The blog post on memorizing names explains why we have so much trouble with names, and offers great tips that I will definitely put to use right away.

Here's the direct link to the post:
http://neuroskillz.com/the-best-ways-to-memorize-names/

John S

Interesting approach to solving everyday issues that many of us experience. Like many, I have a difficult time remembering names. This is something I am not proud of. I have in the past made an excuse right up front when meeting people by trying to make a joke and said that I will likely forget your name in two minutes. What does that say to the person? It might say that I just do not care enough to remember them and that is not good in my opinion. So I have tried to always repeat their name when meeting which helps a bit, but I do like your system. I will see how I can use it to improve my memory. Thank you.

BlueEdge

These are some interesting memory tips! Both my mother and I have difficulty remembering little things like lists and calander events. I can't tell you how frustrating it can be going to the grocery store for four things and walking out with three, simply because I can't remember that silly fourth item. I'll make sure to share these tips with her!

NeuroSkillz Admin

Administrator
Staff member
These are some interesting memory tips! Both my mother and I have difficulty remembering little things like lists and calander events. I can't tell you how frustrating it can be going to the grocery store for four things and walking out with three, simply because I can't remember that silly fourth item. I'll make sure to share these tips with her!
I'm starting a podcast as an audio version of the lessons soon too. I'll keep you updated.

BlueEdge

Awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it! My grandmother would also be interested if it's an audio version since her eyes are recovering from surgery, the more the merrier I suppose!

Katie2100

Great blog! Can't wait to sit down and explore the different posts. I'm excited about the tips on remembering foreign vocabulary.

Edzky_18

Thanks for sharing!
I was able to get tips on "Remembering English and Foreign vocabulary". Actually when I was still a student, I used to create pictures in my mind out of something that I'm memorizing or studying. And it was indeed very helpful! But it has been years now that I haven't done that. I will try to use that in my quest for learning a new language. This is also my own way of fighting the memory loss brought by my recent birthing. Lately, I usually have memory lapses and my memory is not anymore as good as years before, and I'm only 34 at that!

GermanBd

Hello Community,

If you are interested in tips and how-tos on different memory challenges, make sure to check out the Neuro Skills Blog. It features all sorts of articles from how to remember names, numbers, lists, vocabulary, and many other memory tools written by author Frank Healy.

http://neuroskillz.com/blog/

Happy learning!

-Neuro Skillz Team
Definitely, all these posts on the blog are fantastic. You can add some polls in some articles and also can lunch some weekly quizzes on the articles of the week (forum posts may be). This would be a great practice of increasing memory power :) Thanks!

John S

Excellent blog. Thanks for sharing. It looks like a one stop shop for all things productive. I need to explore it more which I will be doing over the next few days. I looks like there is that much valuable information.