What's new

Finish my books

bjfdaisy72

I have been writing poetry, children’s books, and began a few novels in the last few years. I would like to complete these projects, but find myself putting them off. My degree was not in writing, however, I wrote in every class! ☺ I am attempting to sign myself up in an online writing class, but find myself always putting this goal last. I am finding inspiration in this writing and am very excited!

tyleralecia

I always start projects that I am never able to finish so I completely feel your pain! I have a book that I've written in high school, and have really not edited or looked into publishing it. Every year I go back and read it and know that I can get it publish if I work towards it, yet college, work and family always seem to get in the way. But a writing class sounds like just the thing you need to push you towards accomplishing your goals. While it is not an excuse, if I didn't already have to write so much for my classes, I might actually put more effort into writing for myself!

bjfdaisy72

I always start projects that I am never able to finish so I completely feel your pain! I have a book that I've written in high school, and have really not edited or looked into publishing it. Every year I go back and read it and know that I can get it publish if I work towards it, yet college, work and family always seem to get in the way. But a writing class sounds like just the thing you need to push you towards accomplishing your goals. While it is not an excuse, if I didn't already have to write so much for my classes, I might actually put more effort into writing for myself!
I totally understand! I have my degree and don’t plan on going further. So now is my time!! There’s a season for everything and yours will come! There are publishing classes too if you need guidance for that. To be that confidant that you could get published!! I hope I have that much confidence!!

Sam_C

I hear you, bjfdaisy72. I can’t tell you how many times I've started my “novel” only to put it away after the first 10,000 words. I have the time to finish it, but seem to always lose steam. An online writing class or circle is a wonderful idea. I could really use the support and feedback, and the extra push to help me reach certain milestones. By the way, I’m rooting for you, bjfdaisy72! You can do it!

bjfdaisy72

Thank you!! That makes me very happy!! 😂🤣😂I never get that kind of support!! But I have NEVER DONE 10000 words!! That’s AMAZING! What if you set a time frame for yourself?