What's new

Finding Comfort While Being Uncomfortable

Krysie_Lee3

It seems like life always manage to reroute me from my original direction. If it isn’t one thing it’s after another, feeling as if you’re only limited to your circumstances. Maybe if I would have that degree than I will have that great job or the finance and time to get that degree.

The discomfort surrounds you and often interpret your comfort which ultimately consume the best of you. To redirect your discomfort into comfort you must simply have to discover the comfort in those things that do not cost a thing. Taking the family to a lunch at the lake, mediating, or reading a new novel at the park.

How will you decide to find your comfort?

jtribbett1

I recently moved to a new state with my husband and son. We had to move in with my mom and her "roommate" to save up money to buy our own place. My mom is an angel but her "roommate" is definitely not. But over this past year I have gotten closer to God and have had to rely on my faith and let my goals drive me. It's also forced me to step up as a mother so me and my son are continually going on new adventures. I have even challenged myself to try something new at least once a month. This past year, I have learned that your most challenging moments are just opportunities to grow and create something beautiful out of a bad situation. I can honestly say that my relationships with my husband and son have blossomed and we are almost at our savings goal.

Krysie_Lee3

@jtribbett1 Thank you for sharing your experience with me! It is so encouraging to read how you were able to build your relationships with God, your husband, and your son. I am a very similar situation as you; being out of my comfort zone adjusting to living with someone else while working my way towards my saving goals. In order for me to be at total peace with my surroundings I had to truly believe that God did not bring me this far to leave me and He is simply strengthen me to be a better Christian, Mom, and Companion!