Feeling Good About Yourself

Self love is so important for many reasons. You want to be comfortable in the body that you are in and learn to love both your strengths and weaknesses. I know everyone has a different way of feeling good about themselves. Mine would be going to the gym. I love to run and lift weights. It makes me feel good about my body and really boosts my spirits. What are some things you do to practice self love?

I like to take walks. It always makes me feel good about myself - physically, mentally, emotionally - and gives me a good feeling overall, even if I’m hurting a bit afterwards.

Sometimes I just sit down and think positive thoughts, whether it’s after I get something done, and point out that I accomplished something small. I say to myself “Hey, you got your laundry done today, good job!” Sometimes I spend a little extra time getting ready for the day and I look at myself in the mirror and pick out things that I like about my appearance that day. Or sometimes when I go out of my way to help a loved one or do something nice for a stranger, I remind myself of the fact that I’m a good person and even though I have flaws, I deserve self love.