What's new

Dreaming a dream

RalphAnthony81

People say that if you're doing something you love you never work a day in your life. So we then dream of doing something we love right? But how many people are actually successful in achieving that? Better yet, if they aren't successful in that journey, are they considered a failure? I think people are afraid to dream because they are afraid to fail. We become intoxicated by the idea of success but then instantly crippled by the fear of failing. A constant battle that a select group of people can say they risked everything and went after their dreams. I've also heard people say that a dream is a goal that hasn't been achieved yet. Again, are you not successful if you don't achieve your dream? We put so much undo pressure on ourselves to create this life of goals, dreams, aspirations and that it's an all or nothing mentality to getting to where you want to be. I'm curious to see where there is a sudden turn, a curve, a unknown dirt road that will veer you in another direction. A direction where you're not moving toward your goal but parallel to it. I think dreams should have sub dream categories that will be just as fulfilling as the actual dream. People spend so much time specializing in one aspect of a dream that they forget that it's a spider web of possibilities.

Do you dream a dream? Or do you live in a safe, cozy reality with no passion for anything? Would you consider someone a failure if they risked it all and couldn't make their dream come true?