What's new

Cooking for the ones you love...

dansecaribe

Good day to everyone,

Yesterday I got home from work extremely tired and hungry. I don't know about you folks, but I tend to bubble up some rage if I do not eat when I know I need to. I was stuck in traffic for around an hour, which made everything a lot worse. Needless to say, I was ready to crash. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by my brother and sister, with whom I live. I told them about my raging hunger and they too were in a similar dilemma, not knowing what to eat. In about thirty minutes, I made us all a small dinner with some lentils, veggies and leftover chicken. As soon as we all sat down and ate, this wonderful feeling began to spread all over me: the joy of cooking for the ones you love. Cooking, like art, is immensely therapeutic. To focus on others and how hungry my siblings were made me feel so much better. As I chopped, fried and boiled our meals, I felt an enormous relief.

Does anyone else experience this when cooking for the ones you love?

Chris Jeff

It is wonderful cooking for the ones you love. I do derive joy from watching my loved ones eat and smile with pleasure as they derive satisfaction from the meal i prepare for them. I prepared a wonderful dish for my family today. I made them a dish of potatoes with a tasty sauce. The excitement as they ate made me very happy. A friend of mine also came around and had the opportunity of eating with me and my family, amazingly she asked for the recipe of my sauce. The feeling of cooking for the ones i love is great. It made me happy to see others happy as a result of my cooking for them. Indeed cooking is therapeutic.

waldemar

As for me I do not know how to cook delicate foods but I do know how to cook simple ones like egg or corned beef however most of the moms here in our country feels that joy when they are cooking for their husband and kids it is in their nature that they are fulfilled whenever they see that the one eating their dish is truly satisfied what a great experience when you see your mom happy when you like what they have cooked for you. :)

JessicaW

I also find it very fulfilling to cook for loved ones. It has become a bit of a tradition in particular for me to bake for special occasions for my father. He loves when I make him muffins or cookies. Some years ago, I started gifting him my baked goods for his birthdays and Father's Days. Sometimes this has been in addition to another gift however, there have been other years that is all the present I could afford to give him. But, as my mother pointed out to me, once several years ago, the effort that went into baking was far greater and took more time than going to a department store and shopping or looking online for a gift. At least, I know it is something I am certain he will enjoy.

patrick.suchon

I cook for my mother and she loves when I do the some of the stuff just the way she taught me to do. It’s kind of bonding. Cooking might be the best way to spend some good time with your loved ones and what and with a happy ending 😀

OlgaC

Cooking and eating together has definitely a social aspect too!
I am like you, I can't think straight when I'm hungry and I get annoyed at everything if I have an empty stomach.
I love cooking for the people that I love. It is a true pleasure to see them enjoying a meal that I prepared.
I and my husband often cook for each other when we want to do something nice, it is an easy way to make your significant other happy!
I especially like to prepare a Lemon Cake for my husband on his birthday, it is his favourite cake even if he is not a big fan of sweets. :)
I think cooking and eating together is essential for a family. It creates traditions, some kind of bonding, a feeling of security.

Tiajanay

I love to cook for my family when I have the time. It makes me feel good for all of us to be able to sit down and enjoy something I worked on just for them.

Delia B

I love cooking, and I feel wonderful when I get cook for my family. To me, cooking is an expression, an art form, if you will. It also, helps me relive a bit of my childhood and simpler times, it also gives me a "closer" feeling to my mom and my grandma. I, also, like being able to have something to pass on to my children, and something to do with them.