What's new

Confidence

rejuvenate

I am consistently working on my confidence. Do you guys believe in fake it until you make it? What helps you to build confidence in your life?

Taliah1

Hi!
I too, am working on my confidence. Fake it till you make it can be useful as positive self talk can change the way your brain thinks. I've found something an actor told me really helpful, 'No-one dislikes you unless you give them a reason to.' meaning that if you're meeting new people, or giving a performance or speech, everyone is technically on your side because they have no opinion of you, it's something that really helps me when I'm afraid to talk to people. That and finding my way into situations where my confidence wavers, voluntary phone calls, striking up conversations etc.

rejuvenate

Thanks for sharing the tip from the actor. That is definitely a good thing to keep in mind and it is so true. And it reminds me whenever I am too much in my head about myself, feeling nervous, etc., it's about shifting the perspective on others. How can you help them? And turning your focus away from you and to the people you are talking to etc.

JohnK

I agree, the less time you spend in your own head, the more you'll be able to focus and listen to other people you meet. Another thing I struggle with is being interested in other people, and I find that thinking less about my feelings of anxiety helps with that. It's kind of like fake-smiling to make yourself feel happier; eventually, you don't realize you're doing it anymore.