What's new

Compound Effect by Darren Hardy

LovinLife

The Compound Effect is one of my favorite books. It's always been a philosophy I've lived by but was super happy to have found someone that put it so well into words.

It's a book that exemplifies the saying, "How do you eat an elephant? The answer is one bite at a time." The Compound Effect shows how daily habits make a difference in the long run and build momentum. When a skill or task seems overwhelming to accomplish, the book provides the formula to achieve success through a series of small smart choices. Small consistent action over a long period of time has greater payoffs than intensely large but short changes.

I think this book pairs really well with Brian Tracy's "Eat that Frog" as well.

A few of my favorite quotes include:

“Small, Smart Choices + Consistency + Time = RADICAL DIFFERENCE” ― Darren Hardy, The Compound Effect

and

“Forget about willpower. It's time for why-power. Your choices are only meaningful when you connect them to your desires and dreams. The wisest and most motivating choices are the ones aligned with that which you identify as your purpose, your core self, and your highest values. You've got to want something, and know why you want it, or you'll end up giving up too easily." ― Darren Hardy, The Compound Effect

Do you have any good takeaways that resonated with you in the book?

Genelle17

This is also one of my favorite books! I read it a few years back and it definitely radically changed my life & mindset towards the things that I do every single day. Even though I haven't read it in a very long time, it still is the reason why I push myself to do certain things even when I don't feel like it. For example, getting up at 4:30am to workout before work. It is hard, but I remind myself that if I let myself snooze once, there's a higher chance I'll do the same thing a few days later, and then a few days after that, until it becomes a habit to hit the snooze button more than actually getting up and working out.