What's new

Comparison: thief of joy

MelissaSharpe

My friend recently deleted her Facebook at the advice of her therapist. She was spending so much time comparing her daily life to the Facebook highlights of others lives, it was robbing her of any joy in her own personal accomplishments. Dont let comparison be the thief of your joy today, friends.

shrills

I actually needed this. I tend to engage in the same habit, however my platform of choice is Instagram.
Recently, I found myself depressed by rich celebrities who can casually post and do whatever they want while I am
struggling in school, financially, and mentally. Kylie Jenner's birthday feed did not help at all.
I had to lay low from Instagram for 2 days and should probably just delete the app altogether because
social media can honestly just be toxic to mental health.

MelissaSharpe

Thanks for your response, it's a great feeling knowing I have helped someone on my first post! I would like to know if others have found any tools that work for managing social media in a healthy way, other than moderation or complete avoidance, which in my case just leads to fomo (fear of missing out).