What's new

Best way to learn language

Nick Torn

I have been at many different courses for new languages and I think that the most good way is learning by talking or watching something. What was better for you? Is writing and talking equal for learning? Maybe I need less talk and more write? I think that many languages hard learning without writing, like Chinese and I would like to know how to learn it without any problems. Is there some easiest way to learning it? Should I again take courses or maybe I can learn it by myself?

Is there someone who have had the same doubts as I had? Can you tell me something important about it?

patrick.suchon

From my experience it might be sometimes hard to begin learning on your own because you basicly do not know what to learn. A teacher will always show you the way of learning specific language. That was my case when I started studying Arabic on the university - if I wanted to do it myself it would be way more difficult.

For writing I used basic course books with exercises and Memrise for vocabulary. It’s a good way to start !

AllisonST32

I've suggested this before in another thread, but I have found the iPhone app Duolingo to be very helpful for learning a new language. It feels more like a game than a class but you can really learn the basics. It has a great mix of written and listening exercises that help you speak, read, and write in a second language. Plus they have plenty of languages to pick from.