What's new

Apps for depression/anxiety and growth

ericaanne

I have struggled with anxiety/depression for a few years, and it tends to slowly seep in and fade out of my life that it’s really hard to know what causes my ups and downs. A while ago I started using the free version of the app Pacifica (I think I tried one or two others). Generally I like it, and probably won’t get the paid version. There’s a lot of features that I only intermittently use, like health tracking and journaling but it had a really cool aspect of mood tracking. You can compare your mood to how much you’ve slept, trends for taking meds, how much alcohol you’ve drank, etc. do you use an app like this? Do you have any recommendations?

nfilas

I have this same issue and have been struggling to find something to help control it without adding more medication. I honestly never thought of using an app. That is a very good idea. The other thing I use is a mensturation tracker as that is very similar with linking your moods to your cycle. For me that seems to be a large trigger which is why I find it helpful. Other than that I don’t have any more recommendations but I am glad you posted this since like I said I never thought of it.

MelissaSharpe

I have had good results using apps with binaural beats to help me reduce anxiety and fall asleep. There is a theory that you can influence your mental performance by changing the length of your brainwaves by listening to these binaural beats or tones. I recommend trying "Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds" and/or "Binaural", both of which I found in the GooglePlay app store. I'm eager to know if anyone else had had any success with these?